Teacher resources to encourage a global perspective across the curriculum
Global education enables students to see themselves as global citizens who can contribute to a more peaceful, just and sustainable world. There are many links to the cross-curriculum priorities, general capabilities and specific learning outcomes in the Australian Curriculum.
Global education emphasises the unity and interdependence of human society and works to develop a sense of self and appreciation of cultural diversity, awareness of social justice and human rights, and encourage action for a sustainable future.
The Global Education website features:
- an introduction to global education
- online professional learning module
- introductions to global issues, related case studies and county profiles
- teaching sequences mapped to the Australian Curriculum
- resource galleries of photos, videos, teaching activities, publications, templates and weblinks
- a monthly newsletter
- opportunities to comment and share ideas
- details for professional learning
You can find many of the Global Education resources within Scootle aligned to the Australian Curriculum. Try this Yr 9 English resource “What is Globalisation?”
For more information, visit the website here: http://globaleducation.edu.au/